Saturday, November 24, 2012

I just did this cake for an ABC news anchor.
I can't say her name but she is listed on the Internet as a "Public Figure."
She was extremely nice and this cake was for her three-year-old son.
She wanted a fun Curious George cake with the main colors in red, blue, and yellow.
See below for the work in progress...



The bottom cake was an 8" "petal" shape.             I covered it in blue fondant.

                      
 
 
I covered the cake base with white fondant
then trimmed with a multi-colored ribbon that incorporated her color choices.
I used an embossed Happy Birthday/balloon mat for the imprinted design.
 
 







 
I stacked the bottom petal shape and the round 6" on the cake base. I used four dowels in the bottom cake and one dowel that ran through the center and down into the cake base.
(I had sharpened the middle dowel into a point.)
 
 
 
 
Now the real fun begins! ...
Putting the candy and fun stuff on!

 
 
Here is the Curious George that I made by hand from gum paste...he is holding a banana and reaching for another one!


And here is the final product,
a fun cake perfect for a three-year-old boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment