Monday, December 3, 2012

AIRPLANE CAKE

 
 
A customer owns a private plane and wanted a cake made to look like the plane.
Here is the work in progress and the final product. Enjoy!
 
 Here is the picture of the airplane that the client provided. It's a Cirrus SR22.
 
 
"Of COURSE I can do an airplane cake! Thank you for your order!" Then to myself: "How the heck am I going to make a plane that looks like this??"
 
I researched Cirrus online and was pleasantly surprised to find that the company also makes model planes. I contacted Cirrus and explained my project. "Is there any way you can send me blueprints?"
Within an hour, they had sent me blueprints of every angle of this plane! (Thanks, Cirrus!)




I hired someone to make a plane base from the blueprints.


 
Here is the carved and crumb-coated body:



I made the propeller to match the client's plane and every bit of it is edible!

 

I covered the wings in fondant. The cake is the body of the plane, which is also covered in fondant.
Here it is, the Cirrus SR22 airplane cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment