Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'm happy as a pig in mud!! Correction!
I'm happy as a pig in mud surrounded by Kit Kats!

I made this cake for my Godson's birthday and it was SOOOO EASY to make!! It was probably the easiest cake I've ever made and it looks so adorable. 
 
One thing I learned, though...
You CANNOT PUT GUM PASTE FIGURES IN PUDDING, even when the pudding has been refrigerated overnight first!!
For some reason, the gum paste melts and it melts FAST. 
 
 
 

When I saw that the pieces of gum paste pigs were melting, I quickly removed them and put them aside on cornstarch-covered parchment paper. 
 
The pieces ended up being added to the cake at the very last minute, right before the cake was served. This gum paste / pudding combo is not a good type of cake to use if you want it displayed longer than 15 minutes. I even tried putting the combo in the fridge but the pieces still melted. Next time I will try it with ganache (cooled!!!) and see if it works any better.
 
It was delicious, though! 

Picture of melting pig, below!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment