Monday, July 8, 2013

They say if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. I have been blessed in my life to have this happen to me. Here is what I'm "working on" today:

My first attempt at "ombre." This is the top tier of a three-tier cake, which will be trimmed in roses. Not sure yet what color. Hoping to find antique roses, otherwise will go with peach or pink.

 "Lucy is 2!" trimmed in pearls, to match the Minnie Mouse ears on an upcoming cake.

 Here is a new mold I got. It looks like lace. The trick is to make it thin enough to look real but not so thin that it falls apart when you lift it!

These little anchors are for a sea-themed cake this week. The macaroni sticking out of the bottoms of the ones on the right...that's so I can just stick them onto the top of the cake and insert the macaroni down into the cake. I used to use thin wires until one came out once and was in the cake when the customer cut it! Only edible stuff, whenever possible!! Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment