Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dog Cake


DOG CAKE


This little guy's eyes are closed and his eyelids are brown! And notice his cute brown spot above his nose!


First I stacked and carved the basic shape of the cake. I chilled it then carved even more to give the muscles some shape, and I shortened the neck


I measured the dog's body from tail to head, and side to side, then rolled out black fondant to that size. I made "fur" marks with a tool

I started adding "hair"


I rolled out pieces of fondant, used a small pizza cutter tool and an X-acto knife to make marks, then "glued" them onto the cake with water, overlapping as I went. I worked from the tail up to the neck. Then I started at the head and worked to the neck. At the join, I added a collar.



I made the two paws and tail and "shredded" the "fur" to make it look like fringed dog hair. I set aside on a piece of parchment paper with cornstarch and let dry.

And here is our cute dog cake!















No comments:

Post a Comment